Dr. P.D. Patil is the architect of Pune's academic complex of the Pratishthan and has transformed the vision Dr. D. Y. Patil into reality by establishing many quality institutions within a span of less than a decade. The credit of rapid and meteoric rise of the Pune complex goes only to Dr. P. D. Patil. He takes a personal interest in all the facets of the fifty-three institutes in and around Pune. It is his dedication and dynamism that has elevated the institutions in the Pune complex to international standard
He is an avid traveler and has applied his experience for modernization of all the institutes. The stupendous success of the Pune complex is credited to his meticulous planning and implementation. His humane and calm approach towards addressing problems and his quick decision-making ability are his distinct qualities responsible for the rapid progress of the Complex.
In recognition of his invaluable contribution in the field of education, Dr.P.D.Patil has been bestowed with numerous awards such as,
- "Samaj Shri Award" - 2005 by Indian Council of Management Executive Mumbai.
- "Rashtriya Ekta Award"- by Global Economic Council-2004 at the hands of his Excellency Shri Madan Lal Khurana, Governor of Rajasthan.
- "Bhartiya Chikitsak Ratan Award" by all India Business Development Association.
- "Man of The Year-2003"- by American Biographical Institute, Inc.
- "Morya Puraskar-2003"- by Chinchwad Devasthan Trust.